Congrats Billy with the 1st Place Poem

Poets post their works-in-progress here for crit and commentary. We want poets who are serious about getting their work published.
Michael (MV)

Congrats Billy with the 1st Place Poem

#1 Post by Michael (MV) » 19 Nov 2014, 05:35

Thanks Billy

also Philip Belcher's commentary after your poem is admirable.

less is not least

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5976

8)

Michael (MV)

Billy

Re: Congrats Billy with the 1st Place Poem

#2 Post by Billy » 20 Nov 2014, 03:31

Thanks, Michael, I like that poem, but wasn't sure it could even place. A little surprised, as always. Interesting to me that some people are not happy that my little poem got first place. Oh well, as Rodney Dangerfield said, "I don't get no respect." LOL

Michael (MV)

#3 Post by Michael (MV) » 20 Nov 2014, 21:01

Billy,

I found also that your title changed was strategic - more creative & imagistically integral to the body of the poem

Bravo!

w/ Bro-tistic respect

8)

Michael (MV)

FrankFrank

#4 Post by FrankFrank » 21 Nov 2014, 05:01

Billy, I am glad you got your just reward with that poem. I have to be honest and I did not appreciate it perhaps as I should have, but if I am out of step it means I suppose I am not at the right level to critique.

And I am disappointed at the lack of response to my work and appreciate how disappointed you must be.

Hopefully the forum will improve as people put more effort into reviewing work as much as placing their own work and hopefully we will create a writing spirit in here.

I personally don't mind harsh criticism of my work.

Billy

#5 Post by Billy » 21 Nov 2014, 06:13

Frank, it's not necessary to like my poem just b/c someone else thought it was good. It doesn't bother me that some others may not think my poem worthy. There are all kinds of poets and poems. I'm not in this for money or fame. Who is? Myself, I don't like harsh criticism. Either I have the ability and discipline to learn and write good poems or I don't. By reading lots of poetry and prose, I learn and grow if I have the ability and talent to adapt and transform that learning into my own. All the harsh criticism in the world can't do it, and can be quite discouraging for those gentler souls. I love reading and writing poetry. I rarely submit and haven't in some time. People read my poetry on sites like this and on my facebook and blog.

FrankFrank

#6 Post by FrankFrank » 21 Nov 2014, 21:29

It seems very much like this forum is finished, only 4 poems posted in the last month and hardly any reviews of the work done.