I'm having writers block for how characters fall in love.

Our discussion forum for topics related to writer's block, poetry, the literary arts in general, and anything else of cosmic import.
KarmasSin

I'm having writers block for how characters fall in love.

#1 Post by KarmasSin » 11 Feb 2016, 13:31

I am having writers block on what to write next... Here's some info on the story.

Synopsis: Two groups of siblings meet and aid each other in their search to find their elder siblings. One of the groups are Prince and Princess of the Aeternal monarchy, they ran away from home because the Princess was engaged to a man she didn't love who would eventually take over the throne and become a tyrant. They are in search of their older brother so he can take back the throne. Unknown to them a bigger problem is rearing it's ugly head. Through murder, betrayal and revenge they become mixed up in a battle over the sake of the continent. The groups seek to enact their own revenge after they find out that a cursed Vampyre had killed their parents earlier in life. If they manage to go through with their revenge then the cursed Vampyre will win because the emotional percussions of revenge literally feed and empower him. The more negative energy he feeds on the easier it will be to take over the continent of Vampyres, humans and animalistic beings in his attempt to live forever. (The cursed Vampyres name is Nocturn.)

Revenge is prominent with some of the characters. As revenge started the whole plot and the protagonists have to fight against the urge to get their revenge.

Cursed vampire: Was cursed by an ex lover that wanted revenge on him for cheating on her. He ends up going crazy and seeks help from a demon who teaches him necromancy and how to steal or bargain for souls. Negitive emotion keeps him alive so he has to create as much as possible.

Some of the things he does to create negative emotions and energy
•The cursed vampyre was the one who killed the parents of Group 1 and 2 earlier on before the story
•Aidas: Promises to sell his soul only at his deathbed if the cursed vampire brings back his deceased lover. As collateral for his soul he must kill the Princess and destroy the resistance trying to overthrow the tyrant.
•Hakaru and Prodosia get revenge and decide it wasn't enough so they do worse and beat the kitsune parents within an inch of their lives so the cursed vampire can steal their souls and put them through eternal misery.
•The cursed Vampyre also sends the kitsune after their surviving son to kill him while they are conscious of their actions but cannot control them. (does this kind of thing to other souls he steals too.)
•steals various souls from others putting their family through emotional distress or even using the revived against them.
•bargains for souls in return for reviving their loved ones, but they must do as he wants or lose their loved one again and again.
•Revives souls to torment the living in various ways. Whether they asked him to or not.
•Will do a lot more to gain more and more power.

Goals of the main characters
Group 1: Okami(wolf in Japanese) girls Aura, Laphara and Psyflaera yearn to be a family again with their older sister Ezymae.

Ezymae had left them after an argument with her abusive twin brother. After being separated Ezymae is betrayed by a wolf she falls in love with and wants to get revenge on him for almost getting her killed and killing the children of her kitsune (fox) friends.

Group 2: Vampyre Prince and Princess Cael and Eclypse want to protect the Aeternal Monarchy.

Side characters:
Equinox: group 2's older brother who's goal is to protect his human lover Taliya from all sorts of harm. (emotional and Physical) He didn't experience emotion until he met her.

Xerox siblings: They simply want to help the wolf girls and get rid of the cursed vampyre.

Writers block

Okay, so, quick background. Aidas is Ecypse and Cael's childhood friend. Aidas lost his love Raina due to her abilities being found out by the kingdom. (having abilities is seen as witchcraft, which is forbidden and the punishment is death) The cursed Vampyre Nocturn stole the soul of Clause who had becomes the tyrant controlling the kingdom. Aidas joins a resistance and rises to the top. Nocturn later entices him to go on a mission to kill Eclypse and wipe out the resistance from the inside "for" Clause as collateral, instead of immediately selling his soul, to have Raina revived. (to the resistance he is a spy in Clause's army. Also Aidas's depressive obsession over Raina and the inner turmoil he faces about his decision feeds Nocturn.)

Aidas finds Eclypse, meets her friends (the Okami (wolf) girls) and is worried about his abilitie to complete the mission because of Equinox's presence there as well. What's supposed to happen is Aidas is supposed to fall for Laphara and realize that Raina wouldn't want to be revived through such a method or even at all. He'll end up talking to Laphara in one of his dimentions, where he asks her what she thinks about if someone could be revived. She'll tell him that if she died she would want all of her friends and family to live for her when she no longer could live for herself. Her words resonate with him because they were also some of last words Raina said to him. "Aidas, I want you to live for me since I will not be able to live for myself. Promise me you will find a way to be happy and won't do anything stupid to get yourself killed because of my death." He also admits to himself that he knows Nocturn would betray him which would probably end in death and thus his promise to Raina would be broken.

He has 14 days before he has to return to the kingdom and my problem is how he and Laphara start to fall in love. Dx... They are both artists. Laphara has the ability to draw things and bring them to reality. She can decide how they work even if it isn't possible. (like a necklace that has the ability to change one's entire physical appearance.) Aidas draws landscapes on big canvas's that become portals to a dimension fashioned like the artwork. They both like to be mischevious, pull pranks and playfully tease people. (same sort of thing Raina used to do with Aidas.) Laphara will remind him a lot of Raina and help him move on. Since Laphara will remind him of Raina he'll start to think about what Raina would want instead of being selfish.

Aidas see's her artwork and they will draw together. I need to figure out what else they would do to bond that also includes talking and the other characters.
I know how it starts and ends but I don't know the in between.

Laphara, Aura, Otega and Psyflaera know they shouldn't completely trust him. Aura can read aura's and to her Aidas had a deceitfull, longing, and depressed aura. She also felt emotions from his aura: remorse, sadness, confusion, happiness and fondness (towards Laphara when she smiles at him) In other words he isn't emotionally or psychologically well, his aura is conflicting, he is being deceitful and secretive (they don't know whether it's because of them or if he has an alterior motive different to what he says). (Aura can recognize different emotions, dispositions, etc. based off of what she has analyzed and knows from watching auras.

soonmax52

Re: I'm having writers block for how characters fall in love

#2 Post by soonmax52 » 11 Feb 2016, 17:12

Here's my suggestion, I accidentally posted it as a new tread :?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6221&p=26621#p26621