New York Pitch Conference Reviews

Independent interviews, commentary, and reviews concerning the NYC Pitch and Shop Conference.
AdrianaGomesR6

Re: New York Pitch Conference Reviews

#51 Post by AdrianaGomesR6 » 24 Dec 2020, 05:04

I attended the Dec-2020 NY Pitch Conference, which was held via zoom due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I was impressed by the organization of the event and the commitment of all attendees, dedicated writers working on various genres and participating from many different states. Michael and Audrey are extremely knowledgeable and helped all of us work on our pitches. Their efforts helped us prepare to meet with agents, editors, and producers, who also provided valuable feedback. I learned a lot about the publishing market and what I need to do to bring my work up to commercial standards. It was a great experience, and I recommend it to writers trying to break into the publishing business.

WritersBlock
Site Admin

Re: New York Pitch Conference Reviews

#52 Post by WritersBlock » 10 Apr 2022, 19:47

I know three people who've attended. I went to one of the after parties with one of those people. It's definitely worth doing. One of those people got a six-figure book deal out of it, the other two got very serious offers. Prepare yourself to have to rewrite the book, though. The people there will tell you what edits you'll need to make in order to sell the book to them.

Eleanor Konik at https://www.reddit.com/r/writing/commen ... conference