Remembering 9/11/2001 in 2021

Poets post their works-in-progress here for crit and commentary. We want poets who are serious about getting their work published.
Michael (MV)

Remembering 9/11/2001 in 2021

#1 Post by Michael (MV) » 13 Sep 2021, 03:59

If the Son sets you free, then you are free indeed   --John 8:36

zero.                                                                    The Freedom
                                                                                                      to ground                                                              Tower

not fall                                                                  like a flag
                                                                                                      He did                                                                   made of steel

rises
                                                                                                     frames                                                                    one thousand                       
                                                                                                     in freeze

down                                                                     seven hundred                    
                                                                                                     the rubble                                                              seventy-six                            

rode                                                                      feet above                   
                                                                                                      One man                                                                ground zero    

BobBradshaw

Re: Remembering 9/11/2001 in 2021

#2 Post by BobBradshaw » 14 Sep 2021, 06:19

Well done. I especially like this:

down down seven hundred
the rubble seventy-six

rode feet above
One man ground zero

Michael (MV)

#3 Post by Michael (MV) » 14 Sep 2021, 18:42

Thanks, Bob,

for reading & commenting.

This poem needs to be read on a large screen; on a small device, such as my smartphone, the format does not appear as it should: as a left and a right column, or the left & right facades of a diptych.

😎

Michael (MV)

FranktheFrank

#4 Post by FranktheFrank » 22 Sep 2021, 22:32

The original use of the word diptych was an alter piece with folding doors.
later used by artists for other painted works.
I see why the form can be called a diptych.
I wondered why I was thanked before I had commented. :0)

My Aberfan haiku was written in sympathy of 911.
Its good to remember in respect those still hurting from those terrible disasters