Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

Our discussion forum for topics related to writer's block, poetry, the literary arts in general, and anything else of cosmic import.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#1 Post by Michael (MV) » 20 Apr 2019, 05:22

Today - Fri 4/19/2019 1:13 PM - l received from IBPC a reply to my April 6th request for late inclusion in the April IBPC:

"Michael, hi. You can go ahead and send your entries for April if you'd like."

I'm assuming there are members who would like to see the WB represent in the April, so I have initiated this April IBPC 2019 thread.

We must expedite - have the April completed before I initiate the process for May on the 28th.

These April entries, in general, will be from the March workshop.

Please, let's accomplish this April process promptly & efficiently.


A Joyous Easter to us all everyone

😎

Michael (MV)

BobBradshaw
Posts: 1392
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 21:03

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#2 Post by BobBradshaw » 20 Apr 2019, 06:34

I nominate capricorn’s “ Trysting with Morpheus”, Frank’s “Hospital” and Ken’s “Butterfly Effect”

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#3 Post by Michael (MV) » 20 Apr 2019, 07:53

 
Thanks, Bob, for advancing the process with 3 nom-nods. However, Frank's Hospital poem represented in the March, under the title "Daunted" by ieuan ap Hywel.


Hopefully there will be rapid responses - accepts or declines


By the way, Bob, would a poem of yours be eligible? Or, are you already representing for another board in the April IBPC 2019.


Bob, a Joyous Easter to you

Michael (MV)


BobBradshaw wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 06:34
I nominate capricorn’s “ Trysting with Morpheus”, Frank’s “Hospital” and Ken’s “Butterfly Effect”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Kenneth2816
Posts: 1178
Joined: 01 Jun 2008, 09:17

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#4 Post by Kenneth2816 » 20 Apr 2019, 09:20

I accept for Butterfly

Kenneth2816
Posts: 1178
Joined: 01 Jun 2008, 09:17

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#5 Post by Kenneth2816 » 20 Apr 2019, 09:24

I nominate Meenas History by a Lesser Known

2nd on Trysyting

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#6 Post by Michael (MV) » 20 Apr 2019, 09:46

 
Thanks, kenneth, for accepting for Butterfly.

Please provide in this thread the poem & the usual info & statements.


A Joyous Easter to you,

Michael (MV)

Kenneth2816 wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 09:20
I accept for Butterfly
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

FranktheFrank
Posts: 1534
Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 18:07
Location: Between the mountains and the sea

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#7 Post by FranktheFrank » 20 Apr 2019, 13:35

My nominations:

1. Psalmic Line - Michael

2. Bees - Bob

3. Salmon Run - Bob

Second:

1. Trysting with Morpheus - Eira

2. History by Lesser Known - Meena

Kenneth2816
Posts: 1178
Joined: 01 Jun 2008, 09:17

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#8 Post by Kenneth2816 » 20 Apr 2019, 15:11

Butterfly Effect Letter

You lay n our bed,
The backs of his
Fingertips stroke
The inside of your thigh
Light as the delicate
Pulse of a Painted Lady.


I imagine your halting
Breath, visions of
Tidal waves, the two
Of you buried in deluge.

But you are safe from
me now, distance of
Mercators, at the far
Of the world, stabbing
Our photo with black
Knives in my eyes.

ashworthken@yahoo.com, original unpublished
Not nominated elsewhere

capricorn
Posts: 303
Joined: 21 Sep 2017, 23:23

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#9 Post by capricorn » 20 Apr 2019, 19:43

So glad you were able to do this for April, Michael.
I wanted to nominate Frank's 'Rosebud' (although as the revision was done in April it could go later)
I second Bob's 'Salmon Run' and Ken's Butterfly effect Letter'

As mine has been seconded here are the details if chosen.

presentideaseira@hotmail.com
Eira Needham
original and unpublished work
not representing elsewhere



Trysting with Morpheus

Fancy a glass of Prosecco?

Both snug on the sofa I chuckle
at his banter, until the clock
suggests we whisper - goodnight.

He fingers my ring –
bold lips brush mine;
a lingering feather-touch,

leaving me gasping
as we sway in the doorway,
wide eyes scribbling messages.

Warm breath tickles my neck;
smothered in sinfulness
I crave more, then

jolt awake,
my heart drumming
to the warblers' early serenade.

BobBradshaw
Posts: 1392
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 21:03

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#10 Post by BobBradshaw » 21 Apr 2019, 00:02

Bees or any of my poems from March are fine... I am not representing anywhere else.
email: bobbybradshw@yahoo.com

Bees


I first worked in the nursery,
tenderly stroking
my sibling larvae.

My next job
was to dispose
of rubbish,
family slumped
on the hive's
floor.

O my dead sisters...
"Hurry," I was instructed.
"There are deadlines
to meet."

With help I pushed them out
through the hive's
entrance,
an omen of what
was to come:

a plague of moisture
slipped into our world.

Desperate,
we swarmed.
For days we clung
to a branch,
covering our Queen,

warming her
as our sisters
on the perimeter
saw their wings stiffen,
their bodies whiten
to a pale frost.

Papery,
they flew off like petals,
like shredded documents,
their records
lost.

FranktheFrank
Posts: 1534
Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 18:07
Location: Between the mountains and the sea

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#11 Post by FranktheFrank » 21 Apr 2019, 16:41

I always assumed that the criteria for choosing what
month a poem comes under was the initial post, not the edited post.
i.e. if a poem is posted in June, then updated in July then either month
would be apt.

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#12 Post by Michael (MV) » 21 Apr 2019, 17:09

That is correct, Frank.

So your Rosebud poem is eligible for April.

Michael (MV)
FranktheFrank wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 16:41
I always assumed that the criteria for choosing what
month a poem comes under was the initial post, not the edited post.
i.e. if a poem is posted in June, then updated in July then either month
would be apt.

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#13 Post by Michael (MV) » 21 Apr 2019, 17:39

Thanks. Eira

Frank's Rosebud poem is eligible for
nomination now for April; if not selected for April, then eligible for nomination for May.

capricorn wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 19:43
So glad you were able to do this for April, Michael.
I wanted to nominate Frank's 'Rosebud' (although as the revision was done in April it could go later)
I second Bob's 'Salmon Run' and Ken's Butterfly effect Letter'

As mine has been seconded here are the details if chosen.

presentideaseira@hotmail.com
Eira Needham
original and unpublished work
not representing elsewhere



Trysting with Morpheus

Fancy a glass of Prosecco?

Both snug on the sofa I chuckle
at his banter, until the clock
suggests we whisper - goodnight.

He fingers my ring –
bold lips brush mine;
a lingering feather-touch,

leaving me gasping
as we sway in the doorway,
wide eyes scribbling messages.

Warm breath tickles my neck;
smothered in sinfulness
I crave more, then

jolt awake,
my heart drumming
to the warblers' early serenade.

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Kenneth, need to know. please

#14 Post by Michael (MV) » 21 Apr 2019, 18:03

"Not nominated elsewhere"

^^ Kenneth, do you mean there is no poem of yours at all representing in the April IBPC?

Need to know, that a poem of yours is not representing anywhere else in the April IBPC.

Thanks, kenneth

Michael (MV)


Kenneth2816 wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 15:11
Butterfly Effect Letter

You lay n our bed,
The backs of his
Fingertips stroke
The inside of your thigh
Light as the delicate
Pulse of a Painted Lady.


I imagine your halting
Breath, visions of
Tidal waves, the two
Of you buried in deluge.

But you are safe from
me now, distance of
Mercators, at the far
Of the world, stabbing
Our photo with black
Knives in my eyes.

ashworthken@yahoo.com, original unpublished
Not nominated elsewhere

FranktheFrank
Posts: 1534
Joined: 02 Mar 2016, 18:07
Location: Between the mountains and the sea

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#15 Post by FranktheFrank » 21 Apr 2019, 20:13

Rosebud is available if selected.
In case selected, details as requested following
in an attempt to aid the selection process:

ieuanaphywel
ieuanaphywel@aol.com
This is my original poem
it has not been published
it is not representing any other forum in the IBPC for this April.

Rosebud - Citizen Kane

Screams resonate around the courtyard.
sharp as pirates' knives
cutting through to the bone,
I've heard those cries before.

Jack orders them into the fray,
Rosie's squeals reaching a crescendo,
she runs blindly into the van trying
to shake her assailants off.

Finally they have her where they want,
traumatised, she lies quietly on the straw
worn out from fear, exhausted
from her exertions, pain throbbing
around her porcine ears and anus.

Bewildered, Rosie stares at Jack,
the man she had trusted.

The dogs trot back
wanting their ears tickled.

Kenneth2816
Posts: 1178
Joined: 01 Jun 2008, 09:17

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#16 Post by Kenneth2816 » 21 Apr 2019, 23:16

No poem of mine is representing any other forum

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#17 Post by Michael (MV) » 22 Apr 2019, 04:22

Kennerh,

Thanks for confirming the needed info.

Sincerely,

Michael (MV)


Kenneth2816 wrote:
21 Apr 2019, 23:16
No poem of mine is representing any other forum

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Update Easter evening

#18 Post by Michael (MV) » 22 Apr 2019, 05:00

Trysting with Morpheus - Eira

Kenneth's Butterfly Effect Letter

^^ These 2 poems are selected to be forwarded.


Re the 3rd:

Nomination-wise. It appears to me that
Meenas' History by a Lesser Known might be the 3rd.

^^ Does that seem correct? Any feedback please. And in this thread, Meenas has not mentioned eligibility/availability. Hope to hear from Meenas soon - asap.


Thanks,

Michael (MV)

Kenneth2816
Posts: 1178
Joined: 01 Jun 2008, 09:17

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#19 Post by Kenneth2816 » 22 Apr 2019, 20:47

Bees has,my vote if Meenas misses out

meenas17
Posts: 685
Joined: 23 Mar 2014, 11:27

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#20 Post by meenas17 » 23 Apr 2019, 04:59

I am travelling so I missed the thread.
My poem is available.
Thanks for the nomination and second.
I will post the poem soon, once I sit down.
Well that will be at the soonest.
Best.
meenas17

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#21 Post by Michael (MV) » 23 Apr 2019, 05:16

 
Thanks, Meenas, for the update.

From your posting of this message, I am assuming & hoping to find here - asap - your completion of all the necessary incidentals and your poem.


Thanks, Meenas

Michael (MV)


 
meenas17 wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 04:59
I am travelling so I missed the thread.
My poem is available.
Thanks for the nomination and second.
I will post the poem soon, once I sit down.
Well that will be at the soonest.
Best.
 

 
 
 
  

meenas17
Posts: 685
Joined: 23 Mar 2014, 11:27

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#22 Post by meenas17 » 23 Apr 2019, 14:26

"Ahimsa is my weapon"
says Gandhi. Tolerates
humiliation, sets aside violence
gets beaten, faces arrests,
never once insinuated
by the atrocities.

Marches to Dandi, Salt satyagraha
settles in Sabarmathi ashram
lives like an aesthetic. Spins
cloth, introduces khadi,
instils the desi spirit.
Gandhi engages.

He tours the country.
Halts in Madurai.
at his friend's
Karumuttu Thiagarajan'S
home.

Visalakshi,wife of Karumuttu
serves dinner
gifts a loincloth
to Gandhi who stares
at the cloth for a second.
Visalakshi smiles. Innocence
overlaps.

Next moment Gandhi ties
the cloth around his waist,
removes his shirt, a perfect
picture of the Indian farmer.
Churchill's "half naked fakir"
is born. The rest is history,

A gentle reference,
being the grand daughter
miss Karumuttu Thiagarajan a lot,
never had seen grandma
Visalakshi, the noble lady.

Original and unpublished work
not representing any other board
meenas17@gmail.com
Meena.
meenas17

Michael (MV)
Posts: 1576
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 04:57

Re: Belated April IBPC 2019 thread:

#23 Post by Michael (MV) » 24 Apr 2019, 08:53

 
Good Luck in the finals, Kenneth, Eira, and Meena.

And Good Luck to the Writer's Block.


8)

Michael (MV)

 
 
 
 
  

Post Reply

Return to “Writer's Block Palaver”